Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feroz's Blog

I'm not going to attempt to number these anymore.

Moving on, we learned a lot these week, most of which I was absent for, so I'm still trying to put things together. Chapter 13, however, is a breeze.

Chapter 13 deals with arithmetic and geometric sequences, which I am all to familiar with. All those days of being the creepy guy at Theta practice have paid off.

We only went into what they were, so I'll just explain that.

Arithmetic - A sequence that has a constant difference between terms.

ex. 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21.

Geometric - Same thing but with multiplying.

ex. 5, 25, 125, 625.

Chapter 11 is a bit confusing for me, as I'm still putting stuff together, but here goes nothing.

One thing I know pretty good is the "something something rectangular, something here are some points (x,y) something"

I'm not sure if this is the formula, but here's what I use.

y = xsiny

x= xcosy

So uh, example.

ex. Rectangular coordinates of (2, 45)

x = 2cos45

y = 2sin45

y = sin90 and x = cos90

= 2(sqrt3)/2 and 0

There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment