Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nathan's blog

In this blog, I will review section 4-2 which deals with notations. I actually know this stuff because I made a 90 on the test on Friday.

f(x) is notation. When f(5) or f(y) or f(i^2) the notation means to plug what is in the parenthesis into the equation instead of x.
1.) The sum of f and g is: (f+g)(x)
2.) The difference of f and g is: (f-g)(x)
3.) The product of f and g is: (f x g)(x)
4.) The quotient of f and g is:(f/g)(x)

Composition Functions - Function inside of another function.
(f o g)(x)
(g o f)(x)

Find f(5) if f(x) equals 3x+7
3(5)+7=22

Find (f o g)(x) if f(x)=2x+5 and g(x)=3x+2
2(3x+2)+5
6x+4+5
6x=-9
x=-3/2

Overall I think that this was the easiest section of chapter 4. Chapter 4 wasn't really that hard, we just had to remember the algebra 2 stuff. So, now I am going to study for Monday's test.

No comments:

Post a Comment